Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Newest Love Affair

When I was a child someone asked me what my favorite color was, and when I didn't have an answer, it occurred to me that I was suppose to have a favorite. Before then, I never really thought about which color I liked above all the others, I just enjoyed them all. So, as that child, I somehow decided that one of the colors were my favorite. I think at the time I choose green. I remember having a green pair of shorts and jeans and being disappointed that I couldn't find green nail polish. A few years down the road I decided that green was not really the color I loved, and decided I wanted a new favorite and at that point I picked red. It seems weird to me now that I would determine that a color would now be my new favorite, as if I could make myself like it above all others, but I was determined at the time that red was going to be my favorite. And for a long time I really did love red more than all other colors. When I read those silly personality indicators based on your favorite color, I always identified with the red traits the most, so I knew I had picked right. Then, as time passed, red seemed to harsh and I found myself gravitating towards pink. Pink clothes, pink shoes, pink accessories, pink, pink, pink! This kinda made me uncomfortable though because it seemed much more prissy than I felt inside. Still, pink was what I always picked somehow. The pink years lasted about as long as the red years. Then without notice something new started happening. And, it seemed to coincide with new things happening in my life also. Suddenly this new color started to attract me, and before I knew it, I wanted everything in the new color. I bought a watch, then a dress, and then a bikini, and soon I had another dress and some tank tops and a V-neck sweater, and before long I realized, I absolutely loved everything that was yellow. I found myself buying yellow tshirts and yellow towels and another yellow dress and my newest yellow purchase: a beautiful yellow bag that I adore. Now, everything that I see that is yellow I love. It reminds me a sunny happy days, and I absolutely can note get enough of it.

No comments: