Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dear Neighbor


I don't know you. I don't know your name or which apartment you live in. I don't know even what you look like. I know you're a girl and I know that you ride a car pool at 7 am on Tuesdays. But if I passed you in the street, I wouldn't recognize you. And I am hoping that you wouldn't recognize me either. I just want to say, "I'm sorry." You see, you said, "Good Morning to me" and I didn't even look at you. I didn't mean to be rude. It's not normally like me to walk on by without looking at or speaking to someone who spoke to me first. But something was happening Tuesday morning that you had no idea about. Tuesday morning was crazy hair day at school; We were celebrating Dr. Seuss at school. Because I have beyond my fair share of hair, I always am able to create some sort of wild hair-do for crazy hair day. When I was leaving my apartment (late) I was REALLY hoping not to run into you, or any other neighbors, and when I saw you there, waiting for your ride, I had tried my very best to pass by without being noticed. I failed, and you said, "Good Morning." In my shame I couldn't even look at you, so I just mumbled something and ran on by. I'm sorry! But can you blame me? If you had crazy hair day at your job, and you left you apartment looking like a "who" from who-ville, would you be bold enough to greet people you'd never met before? Maybe you are that bold. Well, if you are brave enough to leave your apartment looking like this and still feel confident and act normal, I think you are my new hero. So I am sorry, hopefully you won't recognize me when my hair is normal and you'll always be wondering about who the crazy hair girl was. I've included a picture in my little note so you know who it is apologizing.

No comments: