Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ironic

On Tuesday I got my hair cut. Most people haven't noticed and probably no one will. But, I did get 7 inches cut off! I needed to tame some of my wild locks, clean up the ends, and go for a more "respectable" length. But honestly, I miss the inches that are gone. I enjoy the blanket of hair that I am known for having. Part of what motivated the cut was a picture taken by a school photographer. I was ALL hair, completely overwhelmed by hair, and it was shocking. So, I had it cut. It still falls down to the middle of my back, which according to everyone else, is still very long. For example, I was at work today when two other teachers commented that my hair was SO long. I laughed and said, "actually, I just had 7 inches cut off!" Which, they both displayed adequate disbelief over. I added, "it feels short to me." They just shock they heads and gave me that "huh?" look. Its just a little ironic that 2 days after I had it cut, people were commenting on how long it is. And yes, it does feel short. I'm used to it being much longer, and much wilder. I feel like I have gone backwards in time to about 25 when my hair was this short. Anyhow, I think by about January it will have grown about 2 inches, and that will be perfect :)

No comments: