Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's a book store, they SELL the books...

I love Book stores. They are my personal favorite stay-cation all over town. I love them. Today I happened to be in a big one, when I overheard a guy being down right nasty to one of the customer services guys. His problem? They didn't have the book he wanted. Luckily another one of the stores at a different location had the book, but this mean old man didn't care that he could drive 10 minutes down the street to get a copy, he wanted that book in that store at that moment! When another customer service guy came over to join the conversation, he made the mistake of trying to explain why they didn't have the book (someone else bought it), and this somehow made the man ever more angry. He went to the lengths of saying to the gentlemen, "Look at me. I am a customer, and you should treat me like one." Whoa! Someone is pretty self important. It makes me wonder how people get so self-centered. What exactly has happened in his life, or hasn't happened, that has him under the impression that the whole world is set up to revolve around him? Sure he is the customer, but wow! What about a little common courtesy! It's not like the book store sold the book just to spite you. I found myself wanting to go over and tell the man what a jerk he was being, but alas, I did not. So, here I am telling you Mr. Mean Old man, you can't treat people like that. That's mean and nasty, and even my first graders know better. Be nice, mean people are not cool.

No comments: