Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Patio Stop 2: JavaVino

Patio Stop 2: Java Vino

JavaVino has this tiny corner of space carved out in the Highlands, and if you don't know where it is, you'll probably drive by without noticing. I have been once before, and remember loving the atmosphere, and I knew they had a patio. So JavaVino was my goal for patio stop #2.

JavaVino has a little parking problem- that is, their parking lot is tiny and you can't tell if its full until you drive down this steep hill into the parking lot. If the lot is full you have the difficult decision of trying to back up the hill you just drove down, or try to turn your car around in a tight spot... Fortunately the handicap spot is usually empty, so you can use it to turn around. There are other plentiful parking lots all around, but they are all marked "Parking for Manual's Tavern Only." I think there must be some kinda of parking lot wars going on in our city, at least in the Highlands there is. Why can't these neighboring businesses get along and share parking lots? I might be willing to patronize both businesses if I knew they one of them wasn't going to tow my car away while in the other establishment.
After solving the parking puzzle, JavaVino is a great stop on the Patio tour. The menu has loads of options for the hungry and thirsty. Loads of light varieties if you just want a snack, but whole meal options too if you're there for breakfast or lunch, as I was. The guy in front of me in line was surprised at how cheap his total was for coffee and a cookie and a coke. So, good prices too! They have couches and high-top tables, and free wifi! Unfortunately, I didn't use the wifi so I can't say whether its easy to log on or not. And yes, they did have one plug on the patio for us with dead batteries in our laptops!

I do have to say, both times I have eaten at JavaVino, I thought that my food took a peculiarly long time in arriving, however they apologized for the wait. And, it was delicious. So, I guess since I was sitting around working, the wait wasn't a big deal.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience at JavaVino. Mostly positives with just one wish for better parking . Definitely one of my favorites places in the highlands. Next time I need to order one of the glasses of wine!

No comments: