Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Patio Tour 2011

So the weather is beautiful in February, I am on break from school, and I don't want to work inside my apartment. I don't want to be inside my apartment period. The studio is closed and I have "homework" from kindergarten that is threatening to take over my life. Solution? Take advantage of the local patio's in my neighborhood that offer outdoor escapes from my apartment and free wifi. It seems like the perfect arrangement! I can be outside and get my kindergarten homework finished...
Which is the beginning of Patio Tour 2011! I live in a community of amazing local businesses that I have not taken full advantage of and that is a pity. So today I begin my patronage while fulfilling my need to get out of the apartment and be out in the pretty weather.
First stop is an easy one because I needed to start with a warm-up stop. Warm-up because I had my hands full and I was familiar with the franchise (yes, franchise, not locally-owned...), warm-up because sometimes I feel a little shy when I go into a new business all by my self, and warm-up because I wanted my first stop to be successful.
So here I am on my first stop of my patio tour: Caribou Coffee in Edgewood! When I was at home checking out yelps list of local patios with free Wifi, I completely forgot about Caribou Coffee here in Edgewood. I used to come down here a lot when I first moved to the neighborhood. I totally forgot they have a patio. So here are the pluses: easy to get to, ample parking, huge patio, and a familiar menu. My tea only cost me $2 and change, and its not crowded outside. Oh, and the wifi is easy to get on, no asking for a password or log-in code.
I do have a couple wishes too... I wish the patio had plug-in's, because my battery isn't going to last long. I wish the patio wasn't covered in shade, but when summer comes around the shade will be a plus.
2 wishes versus 3-4 pluses is great for my first patio stop! I don't know how long I'm gonna be able to sit out in the shade though. I might be hitting my next patio, hopefully sun-drenched, sooner than planned. Now, to the whole reason I am working and not playing: homework!

No comments: